A smartphone application is available to assist mothers during pregnancy and after baby arrives. Users can find out about the different stages of pregnancy, how to find a midwife and parenting information.
Key features of the smartphone app are:
- Find a midwife by suburb
- Weekly milestones for baby and mother
- Glossary and Translations (8 Pacific languages) of health terminology encountered during pregnancy
- Brief pregnancy and parenting health tips
To download, go to Google Play (Android) or Apple (iPhone) stores and search for ‘Tapuaki’.
WEBSITE for PARENTS
A website has been developed that allows Pacific mothers and other members of the family find information leading up to, during and after pregnancy. The features provide accessible information on how to search for a midwife in Auckland, find advice about their pregnancy, and tips on caring for their baby.
Key features of the website are:
- Information about the various stages of pregnancy and parenting, including pre-conception health
- Localised information about midwives, birthing units and support services and links to most of the services
- Website information available in five different languages – English, Samoan, Cook Island, Tongan and Niuean
To access, go to www.tapuaki.org.nz
To download copies of promotional flyers for smartphone app and website, click here.
Copies of flyers can also be ordered from TAHA at firstname.lastname@example.org.